The Merriest Christmas

8:08 PM

This Christmas will be my last at home. That's so so bittersweet for me. I love my family and all of our silly little traditions and I'm going to miss them so dearly but I'm so excited to make new ones with my best friend.
So this year I tried to love them as much as possible. P.S sorry for my lack of photographing.


On Christmas Eve I made dinner. We normally don't do a big Christmas dinner...ever. This year though my mom wanted me to learn how to make certain things that I wouldn't normally. It all started at 8am... or was supposed to. We may have started cooking somewhere around 11. Anyways, I made a 13.5 pound turkey, homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls from scratch, homemade gravy and chocolate pie. It was so yummy and was so perfect.

 Christmas was also nice. We had our family Christmas bright and early (Payden actually woke me up at 7 haha! So he joined us for part over FaceTime which was perfect). Then we all packed into the car as usual and drove out to my sisters house where we met my grandparents to watch my three nieces open their gifts. Then we stayed there for most of the afternoon eating breakfast, watching Despicable Me 2 and building a Barbie Lego set. My niece Braelyn got a Darth Vader mask that talks and a light up light-saber so she ran around in that most of the morning which was hilarious. After that we met up at my grandparents house and played games and ate pie. One of my most favorite parts (although I loved a lot!) was when my sweet grandparents gave me my very own CrockPot. I can't wait to use it. Guess who's making pulled pork this Sunday??

Needless to say I'm exhausted. I took a 4 hour nap today, FaceTimed with Payden a bit more and now I'm ready for bed again. Until next time my friends, I hope your Christmas was as merry as mine!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images