Pushing through persecution

9:12 AM

Growing up and living in a very big LDS community has it's ups and it's downs.

I was born into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and throughout the years I have questioned it's teachings but have always remained strong in the gospel. Not many people over the years have questioned my faith and why I believe what I do, let alone ask very difficult questions.

Since coming to Kenya I have had my faith reviled. It's something I have never really experienced before and it can be scary at times. Persecution for something you believe with every ounce of your being can tear you apart. I do believe this is for my own good. It has done the exact opposite that my persecutors want, their words have made my faith in Christ grow. I have become closer to him in the past month than I have in the previous few years.


I know that with my husband in the military, he also receives an abundance of ridicule. I'm not sure as to why people feel the need to be so hateful but it is said in the scriptures that in the last days the saints will be persecuted. Satan is hard at work in trying to make the church fall.
In this time, we can either fall away from the church or grow our testimonies.

"Be patient in afflictions, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days" (D&C 24:8)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images